Saturday, September 20, 2008

Craig Bukowski Gets Baptized at 3 Month Mark

Well, it is yet again another preparation day and only three days away from my 3 month mark, not that anyone is counting, ha. I'm not counting the days till I come home, I am counting the days that I have been out here in the humid, beautiful, green, up state Carthage Village!!! It really is pretty cool here. We taught 30 lessons last week so that was good. Found 3 new investigators. I hope they will stay solid. You could say the coolest thing of all was we had a baptism Saturday the 13th and it was my privilege to perform it. His name is Craig Bukowski. He is a single soldier from Fort Drum. He had been taught by a lot of missionaries during the past six years but I guess he was just ready now. All we basically had to do was show him he had a testimony. He didn't think he had one, but after we had talked about some of the stories he shared with us (like how he would sneak over to his friends house a long time ago so he could go to church and have family home evening because his mom would get mad if he ever associated with the church... sad but true; and how he quit smoking; etc.) he realized that he did. We reminded him that he did all that stuff because he knew it was the right thing to do and that the church was true. He got all excited that he finally realized he had a testimony and just wanted to get baptized.

No comments: