Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Teaching in Spanish

I find it hard to stay really up beat all time when we have so little people to teach. We are constantly trying to find new people to teach but either people don't want to hear our message or they are too busy or they are nowhere to be found for our return visits. Its' kind of a bummer some times. There is a guy we have with a baptismal date and a few other people who are really cool that we teach. I just wish we had more. It would be easy to stay up beat but the mission president has the zone leaders and the AP's call us and reprimand us if we don't reach the standard numbers each week. So of course I want to meet the numbers but I feel like if we are doing our best to find people to teach and we come up short it shouldn't matter.... but whatever I guess that's just mission life. It's hard, fun, sometimes disappointing, awkward sometimes, and time goes by fast. I do have something I think is cool though, I taught a whole lesson in Spanish the other day to this guy who barely speaks English. His girlfriend who is a member would help translate if I just couldn't get the point across. But that was really fun to use my Spanish.

No comments: