Monday, December 29, 2008

Spanish Skills Come in Handy Again

Well I'm now with elder Coakley and things are going pretty good. We cover quit a bit of area like Gloversville. We only have like 8 investigators but we do have one with a baptismal date. He is 13 and his mom is a member but she went inactive for a while so he never learned about the church. We have been teaching... I have not done any tracting here yet but Elder Coakley said the average of people they talked to in the summer was way more then Gloversville. Schenectady is pretty ghetto, everybody acts so gangster it funny. People in Gloversville were just poor but the people here are poor and gangster like but they all walk around with I pods and have plasmas in their houses. They all spend more then they have and waste their money on crap. These people need a lesson on finances. So last night was pretty cool. We went to this guy's house who requested a "Joy to the World" in Spanish. Well we got there and the guy didn't speak any English so I had to bust out my Spanish again. I can hold up a small conversation but it's so frustrating because I wish I could just talk and be completely fluent. Well anyways we went out and got him a Book of Mormon as well in Spanish and when we came back in there was a lady there too and she didn't speak any English but I found out that she was a member and had been baptized in Mexico by missionaries like ten years ago...she was a long way from home. Anyways we are going to go back with a guy that speaks Spanish so he can help us out. Before we left I asked the lady to say a prayer for us and she was like "No, no, we want to hear a prayer from you" so I had to say a prayer in Spanish. It was hard but I got through it.

THANKS FOR ALL THE GREAT CHRISTMAS PACKAGES, CARDS, AND LETTERS!!!!!!!!!

No comments: