Sunday, August 23, 2009

Impromptu Teaching

It’s so cool to teach people about the gospel when you are living your life worthy of the companionship of the Holy Ghost. I had to do an impromptu lesson in church yesterday because we had an unexpected investigator show up (which was great). So during the last fifteen minutes of sacrament I went out and started to prepare a lesson on the plan of salvation tailored to her needs. (She is the one with all the weird concerns like excommunication but hey at least she comes to church). She had been taught the plan of salvation about a year ago by missionaries but since we have picked her up we have been working on her concerns rather then basic lessons. So I conjured up a lesson as fast as I could, taped some things on the chalk board, wrote some scriptures up there and had a prayer in my heart. When the lesson began I had inspiration "flowing through my bones." ha ha. I had Elder Westra go get a video we recently acquired about questions of the soul and life in general. And from then on out I taught the plan of salvation with detail of various parts. Some members came in so that helped a lot. It was a great experience to feel like I could relay that beautiful information using scriptures I had just found 2 minutes before and be completely comfortable because I was trying to follow the Spirit.

No comments: